Friday, December 26, 2008

So, was it everything you imagined?






How was your Christmas? Mine was everything I had hoped and more. All my children and grandchildren around me. Lots of food, lots of laughter and lots of love, what more can you ask for?






Die dag het baie vroeg begin. Ek was al 5 uur in die kombuis besig om slaai te maak. Teen 7 uur was die huis skoon, die vleis gesny en almal aangetrek vir kerk. Barry was al kwart voor 7 hier, tot groot vermaak van almal. Hy sê hy het nou geleer dat wanneer Jakes sê ons loop halfagt kerk toe, hy moet seker maak hy kom vroeg, want hy was die afgelope twee Kersfeeste laat en hy was nog altyd 10 minute vroeg volgens hom.



Dit was so lekker om weer saam met my kinders in die kerk te wees. Dit maak my net hartseer dat Daniela en Karin so kerk en God-loos geword het. Dalk is dit ook die rede waarom hulle nie hulle lewens in orde kan kry nie. Ek kan maar net vir hulle bid en weet dat die Vader nooit sy kinders sal laat los nie, al dwaal hulle soms weg van Sy pad af.






This year we decided that we would not spend a lot of money on Christmas gifts for the adults and that we would put all the money we would have spent together and donate it to a local charity. We decided that we would support the local childrens home and William and Daniela went to find out whether they would prefer for us to give them the money or if they would prefer something specific. They said that they are really battling to provide schoolbags for the children. Willian then went in search of 60 schoolbags and eventuslly found enough to give to them. They are on back order and will be delivered early in the new year, in time for school. It makes me feel very proud to know that in a small way we could help those less fortunate than us.






I am not a big Christmas card sender, in fact, I really suck at it! LOL But this tear I have been inspired by the mmany blogs I read to make some Christmas cards. I am sure those who recieved them, must still suffer from shock.





Both cards were stamped with Stazon ink and coloured with copic markers. I added some bling to the tree. The Christmas tree card only uses layers of Bazzil cardstock and the designer paper on the other caed is from old stash that I still had. Will post some more cards tomorrow and hopefully my new pages to my Christmas album

No comments:

Post a Comment