Sunday, January 18, 2009

So much has happened!

Since school started on Wednesday I have been super busy. It feels like I haven't just had a month long holiday. I have been busy preparing lessons and planning for the SRC and Cheerleaders. Then my car broke down and it was a logistical nightmare to get to school and back every day, but we survived and hopefully my car will be fixed by Wednesday!

My DS has been talking about moving out for some time now and has finally found an apartment less than 5 minutes away from work. He is currently spending a minimum of 3 hours a day stuck in traffic, so it is going to be a lot better for him. I understand that he does not want to stay with mommy for the rest of his life (he is 24 after all), but I am actually quite sad at the thought. I am going to miss him terribly. He is the only one that can make me laugh when I am hopping mad or very sad. I am going to miss the fresh vegetables from his garden - everything I plant, seems to die!

My youngest DD, Anke, has just walked into the house, after a weekend in Durban at the senior national training camp for Water Polo. She is exhausted, but very happy. She has been selected for the squad that will take part in the Commonwealth Games and the World Champs. How we are ever going to afford to send her I don't know! Please say a prayer that we will be able to do it somehow.

Those of you who know me will know that she had serious knee surgery in April last year and was not allowed to do any sport for 9 months. I am so grateful that she is able to play again. Last Monday she played her first Netball game in more than a year and although she played with a brace, the knee held up beautifully and she played like always.

While she was away we went to her apartment and finally put up the curtains that she got as a present for her birthday! she does not know yet and I can't wait for tomorrow when she is going back. Wonder if she will like it?

Tomorrow is another day from hell. Got to teach, then have Cheerleading practise for an hour and a half and then I have to take Hannah to fisio. So no time to create again.... hopefully things will slow down soon and I will be able to have something to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment