Monday, November 16, 2009

Don't you just hate it when.....?

Don't you just hate it when people let you down and everything else seems to go wrong? Blogger won't let me upload photo's tonight, so the lavender and silver Christmas cards I wanted to show you will have to wait.
I was bullied into teaching a workshop this weekend for 6 people. I told the person that I was too busy, my girls are writing exams and I have to mark all their papers, but NOOO ......, she didn't want to hear about my schedule! I had to do it. She even phoned the next day to tell me she had 6 bookings already.
Come Saturday, I spent hours preparing, making samples, packing goodie bags, baking, etc. Time I really should have spent marking. She arrives half an hour late, with one lady. ONE!!!!! Then she leaves the lady here and goes off to do something else. Sorry, I have something very urgent to attend to, you don't mind, do you?
Mind? Me? Why would I? I could happily chew bricks by then, but I smiled and said: Of course I didn't mind. Could kick myself now for being such a hypocrite.(sp?)
Is it just me, or does anybody else find that rude?
Oh well, I have learnt my lesson, next time I want to say no, I'll make sure I shout it if I have to. I am so not falling for one of her schemes again.
This weekend was not very good all round. South Africa played cricket against England and lost by one run after the match rained out! The South African rugby team played France and lost. At the start of the match the French had somebody sing our National Anthem. What a disgrace!! I think they just approached the first African looking man they saw on the streets and made him sing. He sounded like Donald Duck with a cold, high on something! The song he sang was so far removed from our Anthem its not even funny.
Have to leave you with something positve , because I promised myself at the beginning of the year that I would not dwell on the negative things. I have THE MOST AMAZING HUSBAND in the whole world! He made me a cupboard for all my ribbon on Saturday. It looks amazing and if blogger will let me. I'll show you soon. He felt sorry for me when he saw there was only one lady at the workshop and made it to make me feel better. How wonderful is that? One thing I know for sure, I can face any adversity with him by my side.
Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment