Thursday, March 18, 2010

I can't believe its Thursday!!

What happened to this week? It was Monday and then when I blink, its Thursday!!
I know it is silly season at school, but this is ridiculous. I have been buried under piles of marking for the last few days. I went to bed at 4 this morning and will propably have to do the same tonight! Worst is, I can only blame myself. I have been putting it off and now it has finally caught up with me. I thought I had another week to mark, but I forgot that I leave for leadership camp on Tuesday, so my marks will have to be in tomorrow. The only good thing is that I will then be able to relax at camp and enjoy my two week holiday.
I found some nice Flowersoft stamps at Hobby-ex and had to play with them. (Another reason my marking is not done) Isn't she just lovely? The papers are all Bazzil and some scraps from my scrapbox. The flower is Prima and the button and ribbon is from my stash. I coloured her with my Copics. The butterflies were cut out from the dp and stuck with pop dots.
The sentiment is hand written and the label is cut with my Nestability die that I found at Hobby-ex too. I put some Flowersoft on the grass. Hope you can see the texture on the close up photo.
The inside of the card. The stamp set came with some small flowers and a watering can. I made 20 tags for the Birthday club again, they fit into the pocket on the right hand side.

The next card is for the pre school again ( 9 down, 5to go). They need two male cards. I find those really hard. I always want to just put a little flower here or some lace, or some pearls. LOL I am quite happy with this one. The image is a freebie from Rusty Pickle. Coloured with my Copics again. The cardstock was embossed with my Cuttlebug. Cardstock is Bazzil and the dp is some K & co that I still have from long ago. Brads are by Enmarc, a local company and the ribbon is from my stash.
The inside has some tags as usual.
I am really angry about the upcoming Water Polo camp that Anke has to go to. As usual, it is over a long week end, which makes the airline tickets horribly expensive. R4000 to go to Cape Town. She has known for some time that she is writing a test on Friday (tomorrow) and she has applied to the university for an extension. She had to wait till last Friday to hear that she could not get an extension. To make matters even worse, she has to come back very early on Sunday morning because her club is playing in the club finald at 11h00. That meant that she would only really be at the camp for Saturday, a very expensive day trip if you ask me. She mailed her manager immediately to explain the situation and ask if it was at all possible for her to miss the camp. (She has not missed a single camp in 5 years!) The e mail that she got back was shocking, to say the least. It opened with: Anke you are really irritating me!!!! and got worse from there on. I have never seen such an unprofessional e mail in my life, and that from somebody that is supposed to be the manager of the National team.
Anke was so upset, that she decided to go just for the one day. Dad and I felt it was a waste of money, but we also fear that if she does not go, it will jeopordise her chances of making the National team. Eventually I bought the ticket on Tuesday night. Yesterday I get a message at school to say that I must call Anke urgently. She informs me that she had just recieved a text message from the coach, saying that she shouldn't come. Not to worry, he will see her at the National club championships in two weeks!
Tried to cancel the tickets, but I can't get my money back. So, now she is going. Her head is not in the right place, I hope she makes the team.
Whether she makes the team or not, I think I should forward all the emails from the manager, some of them even worse than this one, to Swim SA for comment. What do you think? Am I over reacting?



2 comments:

  1. No you are not over reacting...sometimes people can just be so unreasonable...I just hate it if people play jo-jo with a person...how must your young daughter be feeling right now. I will uphold her in prayer and I am sure she will do her best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet first card with all the wonderful details, and the second is perfect. I love how you had to fight to restrain yourself adding flowers! LOL Now on to the coach thing! I would do some type of protest. Sorry, but what an ass! The only thing that you risk is that being the jerk that he is, he may take it out on her. Hope all works out! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete