Saturday, May 22, 2010

Guess what the postman brought me?

I finally ordered some Whiff of Joy images. I was a little scared about how long it would take before I got them, that is, if I ever get them with our postal services. Well, let me tell you, I am speechless - they arrived in my postbox less than a week after I got the e-mail to say that they had shipped! How amazing is that!? Of course I could not wait to get them inked up and made into cards, even though I am drowning in work at school and spending a lot of time practising for the opening of the World Cup. I love this image. I coloured her with my Copics. The papers are from Upikit, a local South African company. The Cardstock is Bazzil and the flowers and ribbon came from my stash.
I know I have been missing in action for a while, but apart from being very busy, we have had quite a traumatic week as a family. One of my children is going through a really hard time. Why don't they tell you how hard it is to be the parent of grown children before you have them? I am fighting bitterness and trying to hold my child up at the same time. When I am not angry any more I will tell you the whole story. In the mean time, I dare not, for fear of saying something I might regret.
Have a great weekend - I am having the whole clan over for the semi-final games of the super 14 Rugby. Lets hope the Bulls and Stormers do us proud. Tomorrow is whole day practise for the World Cup again, so I hope I can come and visit you all soon.

3 comments:

  1. I just love Shopping Willow Tertia. Isn't she a delight to colour? You are so going to enjoy her. Congrats! I'm still waiting for 2 envelopes from the UK...hohummm! I've been told they were posted about 2 weeks ago and if I haven't received them within the next week, they will resend. Now, isn't THAT service? Shame honey, hang in there, hope things sort themselves out. Enjoy the Rugby, I'm ready and waiting. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well worth the wait! I see that International letter post is much quicker than Priority International...although you would think it would be the opposite. Lovely card Tertia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Tertia I love the Upikit papers didnt even know they were local.
    You have coloured her beautifully.
    I hope that you are able to keep the anger in check , i know how you feel when my daughter hurts I hurt.
    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete