Monday, January 10, 2011

Sugar Nellie's awesome new stamps! and some other challenges.

When I first saw these new stamps from Sugar Nellie, I knew that I had to have them, not just some of them, ALL of them. Thank goodness they are available as digi's, I think I would have burst if I had to wait for weeks for them to make their way to South Africa.
The new challenge on the Sugar Bowl blog is a fab sketch and an optional extra of embossing. (http://sugarbowlblog.blogspot.com/ ) There are so many entries, but I had to play with my new stamps, so here she is, Verity is her name. Cardstock is Bazzil, dp is from a local company, Upikit, its double sided and I used both sides. The striped side has been glitterified and is absolutely beautiful! The image was coloured with my Copics and cut out with Nesties. The pearls were white before I attacked them with my Copics.
The next two cards both use the same sketch from the Totally Gorjuss challenge blog (http://totallygorjuss.blogspot.com/ ) The first one is Faith. I coloured her with my Copics and cut her out with my Nesties. The dp is from another local company, Fab Scraps, cardstock is Bazzil and the flowers are from my stash. The yellow cardstock border was cut with an EK border punch.
The next one is Joy, I think if I had to have a favourite, she would be it. The dp is Prima and ribbon and lace is from my stash. Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and from my stash.
Here is a close up of her. Isn't she just gorgeous? Almost forgot, I found the butterfly at my local Chinese market.
All of these cards also fit the challenge over at Stamp Somethimg. (http://stampchallenges.blogspot.com )
School starts tomorrow for us and on Wednesday for the children, so there will be a lot less playing happening here. I do have a few more cards that I made with the new Sugar Nellie's that I will show you tomorrow.
I am so upset. I went to school today for a couple of hours, just to sort out my classroom and for grade 8 orientation. When I unlocked my classroom, I found that somebody stole my computer, key board, mouse and DVD player from my classroom during the holidays! So frustrating. All my class notes were on there, so now I have to start all over again!
Have a great week everybody.

7 comments:

  1. You are a multi-talented woman who makes spectacular art. You inspire me to get busy after a long holiday break. All the best for more fun with your Sugar Nellies!
    Vicki, A little inkling
    (and Ophelia, meow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely cards and the images are too gorgeous. It is terrible that you are having to give up valuable time to redo work. Why can't people just keep their hands to themselves and leave everyone else belongings alone!!! Good luck and strength for the year ahead. I don't envy you one bit Tertia. Warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are absolutely STUNNING Tertia. I think next time you come to Cape Town you can give me some colouring lessons... a fabulous job. I didn't know these beauties came in digi's. Will have to get them sometime soon. Sorry to hear about the DVD... I won't say anything more as my blood just boils over... hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. Love the colours you have used. The images are absolutely gorgeous and are coloured beautifully. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, so fantastic cards!!! Each one is a masterpiece!

    Thanks so much for playing with us in The Sugar Bowl.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just can't get over how beautifully you color these. It is obvious that you love these images because they just come to life with your beautiful coloring! Stunning! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these gorgeous images...but cannot afford to have another addiction;-D

    ReplyDelete